New finds

John C.

At a flea market over the weekend I purchased 2 items that was on my want list.A # 9 griddle by W.J.Loths Waynesboro Va. A #7 skillet by Dixie Foundry Cleveland Tn.Not collecting these particular brands,just wanted an item from these makers as I see very few of these.Loths has some rust but I think it will clean up o.k.

Ken,I have just purchased a digital camera and have never tried to post photos yet.When these come out of the lye later in the week I will give it a try.

Photos also include a # 10 Erie griddle from the same market.Thanks for all the help with the photos Doug D.

I am bringing up this old thread to show the photos of my Lodge oval roaster and Wagner wafer iron that's been added to my photo album.Had the roaster for some time but never got around to cleaning it.

I'm just getting started, i love cooking in my old cast iron, but, never knew how much better the old stuff was...
I was coming from jax, fl wednesday and stopped at a little thrift store, walked all over and saw nothing...as i passed a little cubicle i spotted two skillets, a warped #5 and the second one was a beautiful old #8 with just a gate mark, and smoke ring..the cooking surface is like glass and flat as well....asking $10 and took it home for $8....i love it!

Back