CHF and some 14's

KevM

hello all I have some 14's. one is a egg lodge but don't know the other 2, one says made in usa the other doesn't and the opposite end and has more of a hanging hole than a assist handle like lodge, any ideas. could these be bsr? also found what I believe is a chf deep skillet/ chicken fryer that has a 8 9 a.
Image Image
Image Image

Last edited:
Older Lodge 14s have an assist tab handle, as do Griswolds and most others. No hole in it, though.

the others are more of a flat handle almost like a hinged skillet set. actually the top left picture that the BSR is sitting on top of a lodge 14 you can just barely see the assist handle. flat and wide as opposed to a rounded tab. I was wondering if BSR of the only ones that have the rounded style tab they could be used to identify a large BSR pan.

That Lodge is a more modern one with the wide loop assist handle. With BSR, I'd have to say there are other things like the handle and markings to confirm the maker that the assist tab shape is inconsequential. Although I wouldn't say the BSR assist tab shape is unique, I can't think of another known brand offhand that has the same. Edit: there are some old no-notch Lodge 14s that do, but no hole, and a molders mark on the underside.

yes the lodge it's an egg logo. there are other ways to identify a BSR pan I was just curious I never seen a tab like that before.

Back