Chili Cooking Day #2

Nick_N

Okay Hilditch, I didn't get going yesterday, on the official "Chili Cooking Day", but things have come along nicely, on Day #2. So, unfortunately, my chili will only have about a half-a-day sit, before heating it back up for the SuperBowl.

You know, I think it's going to be eatable, indeed......:icon_thumbsup:

IMG_0566.jpg IMG_0568.jpg

Here's mine. I usually make it the day of because I enjoy the process. Three hours of gentle simmering results in that wonderful chili smell wafting through the entire house and, depending on the wind pattern, my cul-de-sac. It reminds me of my childhood when, after spending the day outside, I could smell what was for dinner immediately upon entering the house (and sometimes before entry).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139658521@N07/shares/Dap9e3

6 hrs total time including rest time in the vessel. I'm still not brave enough to take the training wheels off and move away from enameled cast iron for chili...

Cornbread go-with??

😋

Yes indeed....chili, cornbread, and a salad. Hard to beat ! :icon_thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I'm still not brave enough to take the training wheels off and move away from enameled cast iron for chili...

Hey Mike - I used to be concerned about that too, but never a problem. Just keep it to a real low simmer and P E R F E C T I O N !!
:icon_thumbsup:​

Back