8V any idea on maker?

Helen S

I purchased this pan a while back. Has heat ring on bottom. No markings except for this one on the handle. It is baby's bottom smooth.

Any ideas on the maker or age? Thanks in advance for any help.
5f1adb1b15a7dc2ddf5a3cd74a4e4854.jpg
d97187ce01e1f156947a3deb68012e65.jpg

Anybody have an idea on this one? There is no indicator that it would be Vollrath or Victor. I'm just curious about it, discovery is part of the fun in picking up a really nasty piece and cleaning it up. I love this pan and use it every day.

Makers were typically proud enough to put their entire name on pieces, so an individual letter should not be inferred to be an initial (no matter how much eBay sellers want to tell you a stray G pattern identifier letter means Griswold). The handle shape is unique, but doesn't really point to any of the known major manufacturers.

It might not even be a "V". It could be a fancy underline of the 8. I don't believe I've seen anything like this handle shape or handle marking. Canadian?? European?? Time will tell hopefully. One thing is for certain, it's a cool piece. Read drool. :D

Scott

I agree, a very odd looking handle. It is a good looking pan and you may one day find out what it is but the most important part is it cooks good and you like it.:icon_thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments I appreciate the knowledge sharing. I didn't realize the handle design was fairly unique. It's good to know I wasn't just missing the relationship to one of the major manufacturers.

Back