Help Identifying My "Y" skillet

RKoehler

Wondering if someone could tell me the brand of this #3 skillet. Only markings are "Y" with "II" below it. I actually have 2 of these. One was my very first thrift shop find. Paid $2 :)

Attachments

• CI Y Skillet.jpg
    CI Y Skillet.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 91
Something about the handle bottom looks a little off, but otherwise it appears to be a "no-notch" Lodge from ~ 1925-30. Are the insides polished smooth?

I have a 3 notch #3 with the 3 at twelve o'clock and Y III at six o'clock. The handle is nearly identical to this YII handle. And, yes, Doug, the inside is machined smooth.

Yes, the insides are nice and smooth. Both unbroken, inset heat ring. The other one has III under the Y

The left image actually looks like there might be a buttered area matching a LODGE arc logo, halfway down between 12 o'clock and center.

Buttering in this case is when the marks in an existing pattern are filled in with some sort of filler. The result on the final piece is a place that looks "smudgy", kinda like if you spread a thin layer of butter on something.

If the filler wears down or wasn't applied thick enough in the first place, the result would be ghost marks.

Back