Who made Lady Bess?

Greetings from the Ozarks.

I have a question for the Lodge and Birmingham Stove and Range experts out there.

I recently saw some Lady Bess pieces in a flea market that were labeled as having been made by Lodge. I have heard that when BSR went bankrupt they owed Lodge money for work done for them. I know they got the corn bread pan in the bankruptcy but have never seen anything about them getting the Lady Bess line. Did they get the Lady Bess line patents in the bankruptcy? Was the Lady Bess line some of the work they were owed for, and they sold the product under their name to recoup losses? Is there a valid reason the vendor is listing these pans as being made by Lodge? Is the Lady Bess Line considered collectable?

Although Lodge did acquire rights to things like the Sportsman grill and some other shapes that were definitely BSR's, I've never seen anything definitive about the Lady Bess pieces, and that's after browsing Lodge catalogs spanning several decades.

Thanks, Doug. I guess the best thing to do is try to contact this vendor and see why he labeled them as Lodge. If he has a good reason, I'll pass it on. Thank you for the input.

Back