Wapak with ghost mark

RM Leab

I recently found this Wapak 7 that appears to have a ghost mark ”ADVANCE”. Any other examples of this ghost? I know Wapak has a track record of using others CI.

IMG_0566.jpeg

703 is the p/n for (among others) some (but not all) Erie #7 skillets. Collectors in the late 1980s surmised "Advance" may have been a Wapak trademark, but whether Wapak copied Advance (who apparently copied the Erie), or the reverse, is uncertain.

I have collected Wapaks for about 10 years, and I have never seen this logo. The bigger W and K is something I have never seen. Ya learn something new every day!

I have collected Wapaks for about 10 years, and I have never seen this logo. The bigger W and K is something I have never seen. Ya learn something new every day!
I’ve searched for a couple hours and can’t find a logo like this either. I’d love to find some info on it. I thought someone on the forum might shed some light.

Kinda looks like the WapaK was hand scratched? I mean like hand made for some very odd reason? Im lost too.......can you post more pics, of the handle, ect?

I just noticed too....looks like its a smooth bottom? My only smooth bottom Wapak is a #3. Interesting

I just noticed too....looks like its a smooth bottom? My only smooth bottom Wapak is a #3. Interesting
this one is going on the wall just because its so different. I use most of mine except for a few pieces. From your experience is this a $50 skillet or a $100 skillet? or neither.

To the right person its probably in the 200 to 300 range due to rarity. Dont quote me on that but thats about a fair price. I just checked and my #7 has a longer rib under the handle, with 3 notches in it. I am stumped.....lol..

Is it just me, or is there a faint 7 on the handle? I only know that Wapak made the Indian Heads with numbers, but I dont think I ever even seen one with a ghost mark on the handle.

Sorry to keep posting so much, but have you ever seen a chicken foot logo Wapak? They usually sell pretty high, and this logo is new to me. You have a NICE pan there.

Sorry to keep posting so much, but have you ever seen a chicken foot logo Wapak? They usually sell pretty high, and this logo is new to me. You have a NICE pan there.
No worries. I have never found a chicken foot in the wild but have seen pictures of them.

Back