unknown loaf pan

Michael.Sumner

Hi, I would appreciate help identifying this pan. I bought it at an auction in Tyler TX. They advertised it as a French roll pan.

Thanks to all.

Mike

Attachments

• 20230726_174204.jpg
    20230726_174204.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230726_174222 w2.jpg
    20230726_174222 w2.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 22
The flat-bottomed cups aren't what we typically think of when talking about a French roll pan, but I can see why they would call it that. Without any marking as to maker, an ID is unlikely. The ornate handles are unusual for the majority of gem and muffin pans.

Related: https://www.castironcollector.dom/gems.php

Doug,

Thanks. What would you call it? Just a loaf pan? I looked in a couple books I have and did not find anything that looked similar.

I guess the most interest I have in it is about how old do you think it might be. I think there are gate marks on the bottom. I also thought the handles were a bit ornate.

Baked a batch of little pieces of dough in it and turned out great.

Thanks again.

Not sure what its called, but I would make corn bread in it. I bet it would turn out great!

At Christmas time, I make banana bread and pumpkin bread in small aluminum tins and give them out as gifts. I bet this pan could be used in a similar manner.

Stopped at an Antique Shop yesterday. Had several pieces of CI. Only found two that were branded, one Lodge and One Wagner Ware. Rest we knock offs from who know where. Cople had holes in the web between the loaf pockets, 2 or 3 different corn bread pans, etc. Had #25 on every one of them but the two branded, they were $50 each. Walked away from that pile.

Back