Two new finds

KevinB

Went to an estate sale last week. Kind of interesting because the owner was there. He is relocating and trying to get rid of decades of collecting stuff. He had about 25 pieces of CI, although I think I missed his best piece. It was a very large skillet, from the poor picture on the website, probably an old Lodge. He had a number of Griswold and some BSR. What I ended up getting was a #8 Martin and a #10 Griswold.

I think this is the first time I've seen a Martin "in the wild," and I've never seen #10 Griswold. I know I overpaid, and they are both needing work. I'll probably go back this weekend and get a #3 Griswold with a large logo. I'm ready to set up a lye tank this weekend.

I bought a Martin #3 at an antique mall. It cleaned up nicely. I've seen bigger (I forget the size) Martin at a different antique mall but the vendor wanted to keep it more than I wanted to buy it. :(

Went to an estate sale last week. Kind of interesting because the owner was there. He is relocating and trying to get rid of decades of collecting stuff. He had about 25 pieces of CI, although I think I missed his best piece. It was a very large skillet, from the poor picture on the website, probably an old Lodge. He had a number of Griswold and some BSR. What I ended up getting was a #8 Martin and a #10 Griswold.

I think this is the first time I've seen a Martin "in the wild," and I've never seen #10 Griswold. I know I overpaid, and they are both needing work. I'll probably go back this weekend and get a #3 Griswold with a large logo. I'm ready to set up a lye tank this weekend.

I have bought worse looking items that clean up nice. As far as over paid, I look at it as long as I am happy with the peace and the price it was a good buy.

Back