Today's Additions

Scott J.

One of the local antique/mercantile malls got a new vendor with a nice selection of cast iron. I added a Wapak #7 (my first Wapak) and a gate marked 10" griddle. The Wapak has a more detailed underside handle than I see in the BB around page 300. The griddle has a few pock marks on the cooking surface that look to me more like casting flaws than from rust. I doubt we can ID the griddle but any comments would help. It was advertised as 1800s.

Attachments

• WAPAK 7 Top.jpg
    WAPAK 7 Top.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • WAPAK 7 Bottom.jpg
    WAPAK 7 Bottom.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Gatemark Griddle Top.jpg
    Gatemark Griddle Top.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Gatemark Griddle Bottom.jpg
    Gatemark Griddle Bottom.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Gatemark Griddle Bottom Closeup.jpg
    Gatemark Griddle Bottom Closeup.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 18
Found another gate mark griddle at an Estate Sale today (15 Dec, not 7 Dec per above). It looks like it could be a little brother to the griddle above. The handle is remarkably similar. Today's bottom has a "7" at 12 O'Clock rather than what looks like an "8I" at 6 O'Clock on last week's. I'll post some pictures after I clean and season it. Any ideas on manufacturer?

Attachments

• Griddle Gatemark 7 Bottom.jpg
    Griddle Gatemark 7 Bottom.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Griddle Gatemark 7 Top.jpg
    Griddle Gatemark 7 Top.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
I have a similar griddle that is in really bad shape. The whole griddle is badly pitted and the cooking surface looks like it was hammered. It measures 9 " across, has a 7 on the top of the handle and a T slightly right of the 6 o'clock position on the bottom. The handle is just like your handle and it is gate marked. I have never seen any identification on these griddles. Looks like you've got some nice 1800's griddles that will be a great addition to your collection. That wapak is nice too.

Nice additions to your collection. I really like the Wapak, I am still searching to add one to mine.

Back