some pictures from the Dinkys auction last weekend

D_Madden

prices were kind of 'reasonable' on friday... almost half of the items sold went to internet/online bidders (which paid 20% in fees on top of the bid plus shipping costs)... I couldn't stay all day saturday but the prices were higher or more competition that day. that 13 dutch oven got out of hand... several nice big dutch ovens in this sale... wagner 11, several wagner whistle tops sold high, raised letter griswold 11, slant erie 11... tight top baster #7... gems and waffle irons seemed cheap on friday.

By the time one pays the bid price, then that stupid byers premium and add the packaging and shipping cost things have to go fairly cheap to make it feasible for the average person. They use an internet fee in this area for the online auctions, but the buyer's premium does not work. The buyers sim0ply will not pay it so no crowds at those auctions so they quit it faster than they tried it.

I always like your pics of Cast Iron you post. I dont know if I could handle seeing all of that CI in one pace, and rare pieces Ive never seen. One can dream tho, right?

Dreaming don't cost a thing until it falls in your pocket. I usually go looking for a certain item and if something else falls in the way at the right price I will take it. Been on the hunt for a breakfast griddle for a while now. Last one I seen at an auction also had a waffle iron. Could not handle both at the same time so bought the waffle iron.

By the time one pays the bid price, then that stupid byers premium and add the packaging and shipping cost things have to go fairly cheap to make it feasible for the average person. They use an internet fee in this area for the online auctions, but the buyer's premium does not work. The buyers sim0ply will not pay it so no crowds at those auctions so they quit it faster than they tried it.
that's what's nice about being able to attend these in person... no fees, no taxes, no shipping... whatever the bid price was, that's what you pay. I did buy a rusty griswold bunny mold for $100 at the friday night sale... it cleaned up well.

I remember Mom have one of them molds. Made a cake in it every Easter. Nice mold and not to bad on the price either.

Back