Question - WW #6 Round Roaster

Got an armful of iron yesterday for $55.

Skillets were still wrapped in newpaper dated Oct.9, 1966.

My question is this: The WagnerWare round roaster has one logo - no stylized "W", but the top does. Are they a set, or is this a lid from one set (later) put on the bottom of another (earlier)? And I'm assuming that the bottom, anyway, is dating from the 20's, right?

Image Image

Other skillets in the batch include a 3 notch Lodge #7, and 3 smooth bottom skillets that I haven't cleaned or identified yet.

Last edited:
I'd say it's a set. I have 3 different WWSO aluminum DOs, and am sure at least one if not all is this combo of markings and lid. Pattern updating wasn't always cut and dried across entire lines. You can tell by this pan that the "WARE" was an addition to an earlier marking; its type is seen mainly on DOs. This fancier lid appears to have succeeded the older "turtle top" domed lids. Both have the zig-zag drip rings. A #6 is a nice find; hopefully it cleans up well.

Thank you Doug. I'll post some more pics after they all come out of the bath. $55 is the most I've spent on CI in one day, but that roaster was calling me. And the 4 skillets and #8 pot makes the pile average out to under $10 a piece.

Back