Question about piece I saw yesterday

HWJohnson

I was in an antique store yesterday and they had a Griswold corn bread pan, (the one that has about 6 slots that look like corn on the cob), sorry I don't have a model or better name for it.
Anyway, the pan looked like it had never been used and it was still in the card board packaging it came in. The packaging was a little worn with a couple small tears in it but it was still in good shape.
What is the general going rate for something like that? Does the original packaging have any effect on value of a particular item?

Griswold made a few sizes of them, the most frequently seen (and in a cardboard sleeve) being the #273/930. Although the sleeve can add value, it would depend on its condition as well as the condition of the pan. The pans can be had in good condition for $25-50, less if you happen make a lucky find. My first one I bought for $14. You would also want to make sure it's not an unmarked Wagner pan (ears alternate directions, rounded tab handles) possibly being sold as a Griswold (via the cardboard sleeve) sometime after 1959.

Back