Power Supply vs Battery Charger for E Tank

KevinB

I'm planning to start cleaning all the dirty CI I've been accumulating for years in the near future, and I'm thinking about setting up an E Tank. Looking at the posts, the PS seems a bit more complicated to use, where the BC could just be connected and plugged in. Any benefits to one over the other? Seems like either is going to cost about $50.

It's the getting harder to find manual battery chargers that makes the DC power supplies attractive. I've only ever used an old Sears DieHard charger, but if/when it eventually craps out, I'll probably get a PS to replace it.

I noticed that, but Harbor Freight has one for $45 or so now. Not sure what else I'd use the PS for.

Best place to find manual battery chargers is at estate or garage sales. Most are $15 or less and can last for years. I have four e tanks using manual battery chargers from estate sales with one extra when one dies.

I'm looking for one, but the only one I've seen recently was overpriced and not totally functional. I'll keep looking. Something to add to my garage sale searches. Been pretty thin here lately, although I did find a #5 single notch lodge and a Griswold 108 skillet griddle. Both so crudded up they were hardly identifiable.

Back