Please help ID griddle, marked CI & M CO, 3, 45 lbs, meas. about 32" x 19"

JCrilly

This is my first post here. I'm hoping someone can help me learn more about this griddle. I've owned and used it for about 28 years. I would really appreciate any info., or directing me where to look. I've seen some old posts online of griddles that appear the same, but nothing with any real info. Thanks

Attachments

• Griddle markings.jpg
    Griddle markings.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Griddle top.jpg
    Griddle top.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Griddle bottom.jpg
    Griddle bottom.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 14
Now thats going to be hard to find the maker. I think Griswold and Wagner have griddles with supports like these.....good luck on the hunt!

Now thats going to be hard to find the maker. I think Griswold and Wagner have griddles with supports like these.....good luck on the hunt!
Thanks, I also joined a fb group focused on Cast Iron. Someone there shared photos of an apparently WW II Gov't contract (assumptions by me based upon markings on the griddle). On the underside it reads:
US
Knox Stove Works

The griddle appears very similar to mine. I think there are some slight differences, but I don't know if they matter or not.

I have heard and seen a few skillets that were made by prisoners. That could be the case here?
Thanks,
I am new to learning about cast iron from a historical standpoint. I've been using it for a long time, but only recently started researching it. I haven't heard of this or considered it as a possibility.

Back