Omelette on steroids (AKA) frittata

Steven C

No intentions of doing a picture worthy post tonight but, my dinner was starting to look good. Hard to make leftovers look great but he she is. As far as the recipe goes hey lets clean out the fridge.

Let's see 10 or so eggs salt pepper and what ever else was in it for spice originally. Hamburger, some turkey I did just last Sunday 2nd turkey day here. Hand full of mash Tatars, red and green onions, cup and a half of Kale. Roasted red pepper, cheese. I think that's all I remember, started life on stove top sautéed till the eggs added and a minute or so on medium heat then oven for 12-15 minutes give or take temp 375*- 400* had acorn squash going too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 36
"Waste not, want not":grin: How many servings is that Steven? (Okay, at least 10.) Did you cover the pan at any point in the cooking? It does look good!:tasty:

Sharon I did this one in a #8 and cut it into quarters. It was the second one of tried and the jury is still out on how much I like them. I was good but hey it was just a thick omelette, but if you love omelets definitely worth a go. I didn't cover this one as they don't take long in the oven. The filling is what ever you think would taste good together. It was very fluffy and flavorful and I will probably do a few more as time goes on.

And even omelets have me thinking of a perfect topping to add. And the other night the idea of a small chunky salsa and sour cream mixed and warmed seasoned to taste and poured over the top. Or perhaps as a base of something more.

Steve,

Back