Newbie Here. Can anyone identify this pot I found.

Justin Bond

I found this old pot in a wash in Central Utah. It looked like it was an old sheepherder's camp. Is there anything anyone knows about it?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 60
That dating would place it about 25 years before Lodge was involved in hollow ware. Lodge appeared to make only a few of these older style pieces, and I haven't seen one of this type in any literature. But I would agree it does have characteristics that would make one think of Lodge.

Your pot looks to me to be relatively new, even made since WWII but I can't be sure of that. It does not date from the 19th century. There are people who use No.6 and 7 three leg kettles to make indian water drums and they pay hundreds of dollars for the right pot. They may be looking for the early kettle however. Only putting your pot on ebay will you find a value. I would say the pot has little value to a collector or user of antique kettles because it does not look to be an antique.

I found this old pot in a wash in Central Utah. It looked like it was an old sheepherder's camp. Is there anything anyone knows about it?

I believe I have the same pot but with the lid. I am guessing it is a lodge but post WW II. The casting and stamping in the lid seem modern. I would like to know the value as well.

Brandon

lodge 1.jpg
lodge 2.jpg

Back