New and seeking help to identify the age of a Wagner dutch oven type pot with 3 feet on its bottom.

KayleeM

Hi, I was given a pile of old cast iron by a friend cleaning out their grandpas house today, and I have a Dutch oven type pot that I can not find reference for or pictures of anywhere. Everything else was easy to find.

It has 3 legs and a flat bottom, not curved like a cauldron but flat like a Dutch oven. It hangs, by two rectangular brackets divided evenly in the middle, like block 8’s.
It is 10.5 inches across from inside to inside. It’s 4 inches deep.
The bottom stamp is pretty shallow, and it’s pitted, but it’s marked “WAGNER” (in a slight arch) SIDNEY underneath that and O underneath the Sidney (both are straight stamped not curved) and then on the opposite edge is a 9. The word Ware is not on it, and there’s no other numbers or letters besides the 9.
The lid it came with is also marked with a 9. The lid is slightly curved on top, but almost flat, with a band around the rim that stretches up about an inch in height and is angled slightly out, and has a nice curved, round bar handle that I can comfortable fit all four fingers through and around.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve tried to attach photos but it’s not letting me.

Normally called a camp oven, Wagner just called them "Dutch oven with legs". Made for use over a campfire and with coals also on top. The style of the trademark places it ca. 1910-1920.

Back