Need some help, please

BBoddy

My cooking partner in BBQ competitions and I have started collecting cast iron, and your information here has been invaluable. He found a skillet that has the characteristics of BSR based on the handle. It has what looks like a steam inset ring, or something around the top. I have yet to see anything mentioned or pictures of anything like this up to this point. It has a patent # on the bottom. 2199887. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A patent search of that number doesn't seem to come up with anything cooking utensil related. A photo can be invaluable in helping identify it. Also please double check the number, too.

Thank you, Doug, for your very prompt reply. Every patent search was a gimmick to sell something, but I did come up with a patent date of May 7, 1040, for "method of preparing grained confections" applied for by Lund, May 7, 1940. Uploading a pic may be a reach for this tech d*psh*t, but I will try to follow your directions on the forum. Thanks again

In addition to invention patents, there are also design patents, so it could be related to a feature instead of the actual device. I didn't come up with a US design patent under that number, either, which prompted the request for a re-check.

Several patents for cast iron cookware here.

I think you have the skillet lid for a 3 piece combo cooker.I had the same problem as I was 1 # off in my patent search.The #'s are hard to make out on mine.The patent was issued to a Mr. Blankenship in Chattanooga Tn. in 1937 if my memory is correct.I have the 3 piece set.Think I have the # wrote down somewhere.Will try to locate.Have not been able to find any more information about it.

That one actually seems to be for a design improvement to the combo cooker regarding the pour spouts/steam venting. The one you sent me appears to be earlier.

Back