My first forgery?

IMG_0382 (2).JPG

Greetings from the Ozarks.

I recently bought a toy corn stick pan, but when I got it home and looked it up, I decided I may have gotten a forgery, albeit a pretty good one. If I can get the pictures to load, I'll let the experts decide whether it's real or a forgery.
img_0383-2-jpg.8845

Attachments

• IMG_0383 (2).JPG
    IMG_0383 (2).JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 67
Im no toy expert, but to my untrained eye, it looks like a fake. I say that due to the details on the cobs not being very good, and semi rough casting. I may be wrong, but someone will know.

Fortunately, it didn't cost much, so I can hang it on the wall as an example of a fake. Thanks, SeanD and Doug for your responses.
that's not a very good copy... first note that it has hanging holes on both ends. and the quality of the casting in general is not even close to a real griswold. These little tea size ones used to be considered 'hard to find' and were selling for 100-150 each... so people decided to start trying to duplicate them and now you see the bad copies all over the place. I've bought a 'fake' rabbit and santa mold for similar reasons... I knew they weren't original... but they weren't expensive either... and it allowed me to take pics of the real and the fake together for comparison.

Those wheat ones are pretty rare I think? The way they look tricks the eye. I just me, so much detail for something that just makes food. Awesome!

Thanks D_Madden for sharing your pics of real ones. Something I noticed besides the hanging hole is that the words "cornorwheat" are run together on the real ones, whereas this fake has spaces between the words: "corn or wheat."

Back