More Identifying Help

KFSchmidt

I found a sauce pan with lid and a skillet by a firepit. Both were rusted and in rough shape. I don't see anything on the identifying page that seems helpful for these.
The Pan:
Has a wood handle that I've taken off and includes a lid.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

The last skillet you posted is a keeper. Nice score with that one. You won't find much love around these parts for the made in Taiwan skillet. I am guessing the skillet is an unmarked Griswold but I am not certain.

BSR Red Mountain, and a good find. From pre-automation with the large pour spouts.

The Taiwan on the saucepan is about all there is to say about it. No collectible value or interest, but OK if you have use for it.

That is what threw me off, the large pour spouts. All my BSR has tiny pour spouts. It looks like it might have a crack in the wall of the pan near the handle. I hope not.

I see that. Hopefully just a scratch, but that's a spot where cracks are prevalent.

Thank you for the help! I figured the Taiwan one wasn't anything special. It looks like it is closest to the 30s-40s Red Mountain series. Is that correct?

From the top you can see a crack about 5o'clock. During the seasoning process it grew along the bottom. It looks like it will still be usable though. Am I missing anything here?

I don't know that I've ever come across a BSR with the size and pattern marks shifted so far off from the usual 6 o'clock position like that one is. Very neat.

It's not a loss. It is such an interesting piece than I think if it was mine I would season it good and maybe just use it for cornbread. I wouldn't lift it by the handle however. No sense pushing your luck with that handle. It would be a nice display/conversation piece also.

Back