Mini Lodge

Johan Maree

I purchased this HUGE skillet yesterday. When I saw it I visualized a 16oz T-bone sizzling away and, as you will notice in the picture at the bottom, it holds a whole chicken!

(Total length is 6" and the inside measurement is 3")

Attachments

• Mini_Lodge_Skillet.jpg
    Mini_Lodge_Skillet.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 20
As a complete novice I have a question. I cannot find information about the exact markings on this tiny skillet: LODGE 1 USA MS. Can someone explain, please?

The 1 is a gang mold identifier. Small pieces are typically cast in multiples on the same match plate, with each individual pattern on it having a unique identifying mark (and perhaps one with no mark). These are seen with numbers as high as 7, 8 and 9. Match plates in an automated molding line are all the same size, so if patterns for 9 small pieces can be made to fit on a plate the same size that a #14 skillet's does, then it makes sense efficiency-wise to do so. The MS = Mini Skillet.

I have an ashtray (01AT) and mini skillet too. I usually forget about them since they hang just out of sight when working at the kitchen counter. I see the mini skillet is still on the Lodge website but didn't see the ashtray.

They may not sell the ashtray anymore. Im not sure, but with smoking being so looked down upon, it very well could be? I like mine. I use it too.

Back