Looking for the best stiff bristle cleaning brush

AlfredoJ

I've always used the Lodge SCRBRSH Scrub Brush, 10-Inch brush for cleaning my cast iron pans. My old brush needed replacement do I purchased a new one (same exact Amazon purchase). But when I got it, the brush looks identical, but the bristles are no longer "stiff", but very soft. I like using a longer handled brush, but more important are the stiffer bristles. Can someone please suggest a different brush? Thanks.

If you mean to clean old pans and not pan you're using to remove crud from cooking these are what i use.

The Lodge brush mentioned is a nylon bristle for washing after cooking. I've never used a brush for that purpose, so can't make any recommendation.

We already use Dobie pads for other dish cleanings. I generally don't use it on my cast iron. Thanks for the suggestion.

My self, I have 2 sets of brushes. One set for cleaning an old crusty piece after the eTank. Just happen to be the same set that KevM has in post #2. The second set is for cleaning after cooking as shown here. Wooden handle with stiff bristles and a scraper on the end for any stubborn parts. The brush on the right is 5 years old, so they hold up.

It does not take much to clean these skillets.🤣

Cast Iron Cleaning Brushes by Jeffrey R., on Flickr

Back