Lodge

John C.

A couple of weeks ago at the Dublin Va. flea market I bought one of those maid of honor # 8 skillets that is pictured in the store brand sections on this site. I agree that nothing about this looks Lodge but the heat ring breaks, but I think I am going to like it. Also some time back a lady sold me one of those Lodge oval roasters on page 232 of the red book. Size # 4. Only one of these I have seen.

I have only one MOH piece, a #8 chicken fryer, no lid. I'm not looking to acquire any more, they just don't seem all that nice, even if they are pre-1960s and polished. Last year, I asked a seller on eBay who lives where Chuck Wafford lives and knows him to ask him if he still thought MOH was Lodge-made, but never heard back. Nice pick on the Lodge oval roaster, I've never come across one yet.

My opinion is that Chuck is not a good source of ACCURATE information in spite of his extensive experience with iron cookware. I know him personally an we used to be friends going way back. I also would love to know who made Maid of Honor for Sears.

Back