Lodge Deep Roaster

ChuckP

I picked up this piece at a local auction earlier this summer and am pretty happy with how the restore turned out.
Based upon the logo it was produced between 1987-1993. Even though it's not very old, not too many of these seem to turn up.
I called it a deep roaster because I don't know what Lodge actually marketed it as. Does anyone know?

That is a very nice looking piece of cast iron. Just a guess, but maybe a fish fryer to use with the sportsman grill? Can the lid be flipped and used as a griddle? Either way, I could find lots of uses for this. Great job on the restoration.

Lodge called it a camp fryer. Pieces could be purchased together or separately. Appears to have been discontinued in the early 1990s.

Watch the dimensions. Lodge made a fish fryer that's shallower and wider, but may appear the same to the uninformed eye.

The shallower wider one is somewhat common and roughly measures 11.5" wide x 18.5" long 3" high. I have never seen a lid for one.
The bottom of the one that I posted is 9.5" x 18" x 4" without the handles. The lid can also be used as a griddle as JKress suggested..

Picked up this pan the seller called a Fish Fryer. Believe it is a Lodge. Only marking is MADE IN USE center bottom. Inside top measurements are:
Length - 18 3/4"; Width - 10 7/8"; Depth is 3". Rounded bottom where it meets the sides. Paid $40 for it which is a bit rich but got better prices on 3 fry pans with lids, all Lodge. Not sure if they made a lid for this or not. If they did would sure like to find one.

SAM_1925.JPG

Catalogs did not show a cover made for the 1FP2 fish pan. Dimensions were listed as 20" x 12" x 3", which may be rounded or carton dims.

Thanks for that information, Doug. Dimensions probably included the handles on both ends. Also not all tape measurers measure the same.

Back