Is this worth restoring?

JHanthorn

Yes, another online sale that was too good to be true. I got this Griswold slant logo 9 for what I *thought* was a good price, but I didn’t ask about warping nor did I look for specific pictures where they prove that it’s not warped. Newbie mistake. And so… there is a warp in the center of the pan. Not sure if you all can tell from the photo but the pan does sit flat and does not wobble. I have a gas range so it sits fine on it, but I’m worried about having the center of the pan not flat if I’m say, trying to scramble eggs in it.

Should I try to restore the pan anyway and see if its usable? Or just give up? Would love to hear thoughts from the group. Thanks everyone!
199FE20C-DE7F-4F80-98B3-E06D7DAF3E0A.jpeg7FF358A8-BF1A-44C4-9188-F15911701A89.jpeg

I would clean it up and use it. May not be worth a bunch as a collector but should cook fine. You might need to stir the eggs a bit more often than a "perfectly flat" pan but whatever.

Its not that bad, I would clean it up and use it. Would be great for corn bread. I always hold the handle when I stir food, so a spinner or a rocker, Doesnt bother me for a user at all.

Back