Help with ID on loaf pan? Dutch oven?

Nate W

Due to being a newbie I am not even sure what I am looking at. The pan measures from solid handle to handle 12 3/4" and 7 1/2" across. The bottom is grooved and marked CAST IN USA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just noticed a small #2 under CAST IN USA
Nate

I'd call that an oval roaster, a dutch oven of sorts. Needs a lid to be of any good use, though. Although starting post-early 1960s pieces say "Made In USA", I guess "Cast In USA" would be equivalent, so it's probably not all that old. The design suggests that, also.

Any idea of a maker. I also have an old cast iron automotive jack marked, was wondering if you could help me there as well. Thank you in advance.
Nate

No clue on the roaster. Nor on the jack. About the farthest we stray here from cast iron cookware is perhaps something Griswold made like mailboxes.

I have never seen a piece like your oval pot. Must have been made for only a short time and I agree, fairly new. Am I seeing a hint of nickel plating on the piece? If so it may date back to the teens to 20s but, if so, a strange piece like nothing else made in this country.

Back