Help identifying a cast iron cauldron

A. Proveaux

I have a cast iron cauldron that I have been searching the Internet for information on. I think that it may have had a handle that connected to the small handles on each side for carrying or moving but I am not sure of that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Night_Image_1695236620137.jpeg
    Night_Image_1695236620137.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 13
  • Night_Image_1695236691251.jpeg
    Night_Image_1695236691251.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
It probably did have a bail handle. As to the maker, I have no clue, but its old, lol!
I have fond memories of cooking with my grandmother as a child, she would roll out biscuits and I would place them in a greased cast iron skillet to be baked. I have used cast iron my entire life but I am new to collecting and trying to identify the maker. Most of my cast iron has gate marks and at first I thought that meant it wasn't really valuable. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Unless it has a maker's mark on it most gate marked pieces are very difficult to assign to any particular manufacturer.
Yes, this kettle would have had a wire bail attached to the ears. I have a few similar gate marked kettles and luckily they all still have their bails.

Back