Hello from Oregon

EdC

Hello,

Excited to join this community! I started using cast iron cookware in 2010, with a Lodge Combo Cooker (chicken fryer and skillet where they are lids for each other). Took me awhile to get the hang of using and taking care of it. I learned later that vintage skillets are much lighter and smoother, so I found some Griswold and Wagner skillets and fryers on eBay and collected a few more pieces over the years.

My main users are:
  • #5 Wagner (Sidney-O) with heat ring
  • #10 Wagner (Sidney-O) with heat ring
  • #8 Iron Mountain (unmarked Griswold)
  • #8 Griswold small logo chicken fryer with lid

Previously used:
  • #8 Wagner (Sidney-O) with heat ring. Had a wobble and sagged quite a bit in the middle and eventually gave it away
  • #8 Griswold small logo skillet. I like the feel of the Iron Mountain more. Still have it, since it's nice that it fits the lid of the chicken fryer if I ever need it.
  • Also have briefly had other Iron Mountain, Griswold small logo, Wagner unmarked, and BSR unmarked that other friends and family are using now.

Sometime this week, I have another #8 Wagner (Sidney-O) with heat ring coming that I will need to put in the lye bath. I love this series and they are quite a bit lighter than the Griswold small logo and iron mountains, so I hope this one is flatter than the last one I had.

Looking forward to learning from all of you. Thanks for reading!

Back