Griswold Triplicate Sauce Pans

MDFraley

Where to start??? Try to make this short so have patience. Close to a year ago I purchased 4 sets of triplicate sauce pans, One set was Griswolds A239, Triplicate sauce pans, 2 1/2 Qt. and two sets of Puritan's and one Wagner Ware. They were on a table at a swap meet along with lids and lifting handles. I've restore a lot of Cast Aluminum pieces and figured the Griswold set would be of more value than the others so today I began working on them. Got the 3 pans cleaned, sanded and polished along with what I thought was the matching lids. WRONG... The lids come to find out go to the Puritan sauce pans. The attached photos tell a lot of this story but I will try and explain. The set of pans I have were not mentioned in the BB other than the P/N that we all refer to when trying to I.D. a particular piece. In the BB p.44, it shows a pic along with a description for the A236 pans and the A240C matching cover. My set (A239) is the LBL, E.P.U. which is the 2 1/2 quart size. I previously had one (1) A236 and its proper cover (A240) but one only so it was and still is a loner. I looked thru the stash of lids that came with my purchase and found only two (2) A238C self basting E.P.U. lids which fit nothing I purchased and further more the A238C P/N doesn't even appear in the BB or the RB. I can truly understand why I never see very many of these "Griswold" sets for sale on line especially since there is confusing P/N's and way too many lids with Griswold I.D.s that appear to fit nothing found in the collector books. I can only say that you should stay away from the triplicate sauce pans unless you are absolutely sure that the lid absolutely fits the pan. At least the WW and Puritan sets have correct lids that fit their pans. Lesson learned the hard way. Forgot to attach the link.

Last edited:
Back