Griswold Santa cake mold with original paper tag (recipe and instructions)

D_Madden

this was another local auction pick up.. these are the pictures as found, you can see the inside and back are pretty nice, but the front had light surface rust all over... I've since cleaned him up... and he turned out really nice. I also have other pics of the inside of the paper label if anyone is interested in the recipes.

That should restore very nicely. I picked up an early one without the vent holes that was in similar condition and it turned out amazingly well.
I have never run across a picture of a completed Santa cake, only lambs and bunnys.

This is nice, a few years ago i found only half of a Santa the front half i searched and searched for the other half and didn't find it.

CHRISTMAS CAKE WITH DATES AND NUTS

1½ C. chopped dates
1½ tsp Vanilla
1½ C. boiling water
2½ C. Flour
1½ C. Sugar
½ tsp salt
½ C. butter
1½ tsp soda
2 eggs
½ C. chopped nuts

Mix dates with boiling water and cool to lukewarm. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Combine with date mixture. Add flour with salt and soda. Mix well. Add nuts. Bake in well-greased and lightly-floured Santa Claus mold twenty-five minutes on face, then twenty minutes on back, in moderate oven. Iced or plain as preferred.

Back