Griswold Clock

Joel Lehman

There is an auction that is happening next week that has a cast iron clock in it. It's advertised as Griswold but all the research I've done has turned up nothing. I trust these auction people as I have worked with them for years. I was just wondering if any of you had one in your collections or that you have come across.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 20.22.22.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 20.22.22.png
    932.6 KB · Views: 8
The BB and RB only show one Griswold skillet clock, the "Erie - Up to Time" model. Although it's design and movement are similar to this one. A Google image search for "griswold skillet clock" produces no results, and a search of "worthpoint skillet clock" doesn't, either. What makes them connect it to Griswold? The photo doesn't reveal any as far as I can tell.

I don't know how you feel about links on here but this is the link to the catalog with more pictures.
I plan on attending the auction and maybe will get a chance to ask the owner or someone about it.

After looking at the Erie - up to time clock online and seeing various other angles and the backside, there are some similarities re: the "reversed" handle. I would be interested in seeing more definitive proof as to provenance, though. I've found over the years that people sometimes make inferences base on what they *wish* was true.

Back