Griswold Baking Kettle P/N 1458

MDFraley

On Jan. 10th I posted a thread on the lid for this kettle. Since that time I have been restoring this piece little by little. There is a pic of this piece listed in the RB top of page 156. All original piece were with this kettle when I purchased it but were very dirty and carboned up on the bottom and barely able to see the Griswold logo. The rack, three triangular cups and trivet have been cleaned and the temperature gauge in the lid removed and cleaned. The back of the temperature gauge was beyond repair so it will be not for use unless I can find a new housing thus making it functional again.

Now that is awesome!!!! I never heard of it til now. Thats great you got it all with it too.....the trivet and all that. Thanks for the pics! Oh...and do those triangle pans fit in it?

Now that is awesome!!!! I never heard of it til now. Thats great you got it all with it too.....the trivet and all that. Thanks for the pics! Oh...and do those triangle pans fit in it?
Of course they do. It gave the opportunity to cook three different meals in separate compartments at one time. I also forgot to mention that the temperature gauge was made by Cooper pat;d June 17th,1924. Cooper made many styles of temperature gauges for many products such as wood burning stoves, house hold thermometers, etc.

Thanks for the information, Thats a great idea, being able to cook 3 things at once. Nice!

Back