Griswold 768

RyanL

Newbie here..

Picked up a number of interesting pieces at an auction yesterday.

One is a pan just deeper than a frying pan with three legs and a super long handle. Can anyone shed any light on that one? I still have to clean it up yet, it has a thin layer of rust but does not seem to be pitted.

The other is a Griswold 768 square pan. I noticed online that it did have a square lid at one point.

Does anyone know of where I could find the lid or if there are even any of them up for sale anymore?

Thanks!

Even round lids are not all that plentiful. Expect if you find a square one to match to pay quite a sum for it (unless you get very lucky and stumble across one somewhere like a thrift store).

Your footed, long-handled skillet is known as a spider.

Doug, thanks so much for the response. I will try to post some pictures soon here of these and some others I've picked up. There are some others I would like to know more about too.

I agree with doug lids seem far and few. I have 3 or 4 lids now (got lucky) and a friend wants to trade a no. 7 skillet with lid for a no. 8 with lid. I just cant seem to part with lid though. Good luck hope you find sq. Lid...💲💲💲💲

Back