Griddle I.D. & 3 notch Lodge question

Can someone help with I.D. of recent griddle acquisition? Number size and location says older BSR to me, but no heat ring and handle is all wrong.

Image Image Image

Next question: I have two 3 notch Lodge #5 skillets. One seems older - the size # is italicized, the casting seems nicer, and the notches in the heat ring appear to have been cast, whereas the other has a more blockish size number, slightly rougher casting, and the notches appear to have been put in the heat ring with a grinder. Photos are a little blurry - sorry. Any thoughts on that, and is this something that can narrow down the manufacture date?

one:
Image Image Image

the other:
Image Image Image

The griddle is a BSR, the handle and heat ring "rule" really only applies to skillets. This style griddle did not usually have a heat ring, the outer rim serving as one for all intents and purposes.

Of the two Lodges, I'd put the first late 1940s, the second mid-1950s. The thinner heat ring and numeral style is more like their older pieces. The notches in the other may have been filed in, but into the pattern, not the pans. I would say the line in the photo is just a coincidental casting artifact.

Back