Foundry database search

RHawkins

Does this site actually function correctly any longer. Nothing in the database works. Search function is return constant results.
kindest Regards

Search engines on most forums will exclude short or common words since they would return far too many and irrelevant results. Please give an example of what you're talking about.

Search engines on most forums will exclude short or common words since they would return far too many and irrelevant results. Please give an example of what you're talking about.
thanks for quick reply and forgive my horrible grammar above.

Trying to research a few older pieces (Victor 2nd series) but foundery database links appear to be non-functional.
Search function- well I understand there is a lot behind the function and getting the right data also is dependent on how the request is made.

kindest regards

Ah, the foundry database page isn't part of the forum, so that explains that confusion. The majority listed there are pre-20th century and very few of the link out icons on that page lead anywhere, since there is little or no information on many of them other than that pieces marked with those names have been seen. You can find some info on the Victor made by Griswold here on the forum or in the economy brands article on the website.

That does clear up some confusion. I am looking for data on Griswold’s Victor production and the multiple series. Was the early Victor pieces really just Erie rebranded. Seems like it to me but want confirmation.
It’s amazingly difficult to find data on a lot of cast iron marker on this vast internet. I might try and see what AI can find (or make-up) on some of the past companies. Sadly, some of the history may not have been captured or digitize.
kindest regards

I don't think Victor has really been codified into series like Erie skillets have been, but there are distinctive characteristics that were changed/added over the years. Victor is included on the page referenced above. It should clarify Victor's place in the Griswold catalog for you.

https://www.castironcollector.com/economy.php

Back