First Victor

GTurner

Are you going to season the bottom of the pan or clean it?

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

I presume that this is a piece handed down from family members

Steven C

Very nice, I had been thinking about trying to put together a set of fully marked Victor skillet cause I like the looks of them. I usually just buy what I want to use. But I’m picky on brand and time frame. Have a few places holder till the right one comes along.

Just recently started a BSR -S series set just because,, found a 3-S a couple months back and thought why not look for the 5 & 7. You guy here may make a collector out of me yet:p

RMangum

BSRs are too cool! The Victor is the result of what I call “Cast Iron Karma”. The same day I found Miss Vickie, I had already given a coworker a rehabbed Lecreuset skillet and a Lodge DO. It pays to be nice 😉

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Pay no attention to that wet sandpaper in the background......it NEVER touches cast iron!

Steven C

My brother who had no interest in cast iron in past, recently was given found by me a late 50 ,s & 1960’s 10 and#8 non marked Wagner. When he took a later interest of cooking with cast iron.

I opened his mind to things outside the box of new junk now unless you spent nearly a $100 or more for quality today. Old school if it didn’t work they would have stopped making it long ago.

Happy hunting, the best is yet to be found.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I thought about editing to add but thought you may wonder my preference.
I look for myself, slant Griswold Erie marked.

There are so many others out there that are equally as good to find, what you like is all that matters. As why I have a soft spot for BSR. Great skillets and other iron but plain Jane of appearance to collectors. Great skillets to use that’s heavy if need a heat hard for a good sear on a stake.

RMangum

I’ve never paid more than $12 for any CI....traditional or enameled. An unmarked, vintage-ground pan is my gateway to fine meals and memories with family and friends. Enjoy the journey!