Enameled/porcelainized BSR skillets

How prevalent are these? I've seen one for the first time that has no chips and a few scratches. For all I know these are quite common in other parts of the country. Is there a premium associated with these? What should I expect to pay for a #3?

The enameling is thick enough that it's impossible to tell if it's Red Mountain or Century and I don't see enameled pieces in either catalog.

Okay, in looking at it again, it's clearly a Century Series based on the tiny pour spouts. Still curious if anyone one knows more about enameled BSR stuff.

Lee, I have seen 1 #8 century series and 1 ash tray.Both were a dark brown color inside and out.Never heard if they did the coating or jobbed it out.

Lee, I have seen 1 #8 century series and 1 ash tray.Both were a dark brown color inside and out.Never heard if they did the coating or jobbed it out.

This is a #3, brown like you describe. I want to say I've seen one other. It would be interesting to know if it was done in house or jobbed out. Or if someone bought BSR stuff, enameled it and sold it under their own label.

Back