Dutch Oven?

JoeRob

I found this piece at an estate sale and was going to clean it up and use it for baked beans any help to identify manufacturer and age would be appreciated. The handle on the lid is flat approximately 1' wide and the designe is carried over to the lift oppisit the pour spout. the only marks are S-6 or 9-S on the lid and bottom of the pot witch is flat with no heat ring.
:icon_scratchchin:

Attachments

• Bean Pot2.jpg
    Bean Pot2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Bean Pot1.jpg
    Bean Pot1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 37
Certainly distinctive handles, but not anything I can put a maker name to. If I had to guess age, I'd say 1950s from the style of the letter and number.

Thanks Doug, what about the flat bottom everything I have looked at has some kind of raised surface on the bottom? How would you recommend cleaning it not all rusty maybe the oven cleaner?

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I would say more major manufacturer dutch ovens are smooth bottomed than heat ringed.

It doesn't look too bad. Oven cleaner in a bag might be the easiest.

One like it was being discussed within the past two months on the G&CICA FB page. I don't know if they ever found out the maker and I don't know who it was. I'd say much before 1950s as iron cookware was falling out of flavor then

Thanks Steve It just seems strange as it is a fine cast no grain at all to it and the sides are straight no taper. I thought it might be a soup pot with the pour spout. Maybe I should stick to the match safes LOL.

Yes Steve I have three match safes I have collected over the years. My uncle gave my wife one and that started it!!! I restored a hand fired coal stove this summer to use in my garage and lost that too, sitting in our basement. The pictures are of two Wilton's in our kitchen the one on the left has most of the original paint I believe.

Attachments

• Match safe.jpg
    Match safe.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 24
Back