Dutch oven and lid.. match ?

Thomas C.

fyWvxWG.jpg
nYltycC.jpg
LSl1GLH.jpg

Hello to all.. thanks in advance for any guidance. Cleaning up what I assume is an unmarked Wagner Dutch oven in the lye bath. My question… does the lid the match for a set ? I have seen a similar combo on line at retail sites but that’s little comfort. I would have guessed a glass lid would be the match. If anyone can confirm the maker of the pieces and if set, it would be appreciated.

Tried to follow directions on posting pictures…

By the time the Wagner pot was made, it would have come with a self-basting Pyrex glass cover. Does the lid have pour lip cover "ears"? (Why the photo posting guidelines requests the entire piece to be shown instead of close-ups.)

6eDDovk.jpeg

7PXwDHs.jpeg

I’m learning… the lid has no ears, no inside marking ie size / #. The oven itself has the one ear. Thanks again.

Dimples for basting elements are associated with BSR covers. But BSR DOs have a pour lip, so they supplied what is essentially a skillet cover with their DOs. That means this cover is not BSR, but rather from a knock-off import. (The projection on the Wagner pot is an assist tab/handle.)

Back