Couple Questions on a listing that has ended.

Wade_K

So I seen this lovely skillet on ebay and it must be quite an item. But there were two questions I had about it. How did they get that lovely color on the skillet? And in the listing he referenced "black iron". Is he just referring to cast iron or was there something special to it?

No I did not buy it, I used my iPhone to screen shot the listing off eBay. Just curious more on those two things. Thanks!

"Black iron" or "bare iron" are terms sometimes used to distinguish from plated pieces. I'd say the overall color tone of the photos is more a reflection of the color temperature of the light source than the actual color of the iron. Appears to be in nice condition.

Thanks Doug. It went for a little over 300.00 on the bay. If you search completed listing for Griswold 4 Heat Ring you'll find it still. Just finished a couple days ago, if I recall correctly.

I really am learning more and more each day from this site, and glad to be a part of it!

I have one from a couple years ago. Same except slant EPU. Gave $40 plus shipping, IIRC.

Back