Chicken Fryer. BSR?

What characterizes this as Lodge? I'm not questioning your judgement, Doug, just genuinely asking.

The handle, no notches in the heat ring. Those seem BSR.

The raised letter being on the underside rather than the top of the second handle is the opposite side I'd expect for Lodge. The number marking the size is where I'd expect for Lodge.

Is the typeface symptomatic of Lodge?

Before there were 3-notch Lodges, there were 1-notch, and, before those, no notches. This piece is so-identified because the placement of the size number and the raised molder's mark (on a bottom surface) are consistent with Lodge, but are both inconsistent with BSR. There are also apparently no BSR chicken fryers that aren't smooth-bottomed.

It is placed in that general timeframe because that would be the period when Lodge pieces had the unbroken heat ring but had also begun making their pieces without the trademark.

Thank you. Got it.

I pulled out the RB this morning just a few minutes ago. On page 228 at the bottom, I believe it shows this. The book shows the F on the bottom of the skillet tab and it is the exact shape and form. They just don't show the skillet bottom but it looks like pretty much pre-1930, they were no notch.

I'm sure this leads to lots of confusion!

I appreciate the patience you, Steve Stephens and other have with newer collectors and willingness to share what you've learned. I don't always get that feeling with G&CICA and feel like that would really hurt their membership.

I appreciate the patience you, Steve Stephens and other have with newer collectors and willingness to share what you've learned. I don't always get that feeling with G&CICA and feel like that would really hurt their membership.

Thanks Lee,
I try to be helpful and well remember when I was new at this and very hungry for information. No books back then or computers, ebay, etc. There are good folks in all the clubs so stick around. Just ignore those you don't care for as I also find people on any club or forum who don't "mesh" with my needs.

Back