Age of this cornbread pan?

Judy Howe

I have a cornbread pan, and I cannot remember where I got it. I just know that I have had it since before 1992. Can anyone tell me about it from these markings?:
JUNIOR
KRUSTY KORN KOBS (with the K's made out of corn cobs)
REG. IN U.S. PAT. OFF.
WAGER WARE (using one W)
SIDNEY
-O-
PAT'D. JULY, 6, 1920
C

Hi Judy. Page 83 of the Red Book lists the Krusty Korn Kob Mould as 1930's. I have a few that I use often. Preheating the iron with your oven before adding the batter really makes for some delicious, crunchy edged corn bead.

Page 262, bottom, of the Blue Book indicates 1940 to 1960s. Pictures show KRUSTY KORN KOBS (with the K's made out of corn cobs). Top of page 262 has an earlier version from 1918 - 1930s but the "K"s are not in corn cobs and it shows Patent Pending with no date. Also, the newer ones have holes in the tabs at the ends where the older ones have smaller tabs and no holes.

A picture of yours would be nice.

Marked versions of the pans probably did not exist past 1960 or perhaps somewhat earlier. The unmarked junior size (#1319) was seen sold as "Early American" by Wagner under GHC ownership as well as in Griswold packaging marked "Sidney, Ohio".

Only the "senior" size pans had the flat tab handles and plain Ks instead of corn cob Ks.

I have a cornbread pan, and I cannot remember where I got it. I just know that I have had it since before 1992. Can anyone tell me about it from these markings?:
JUNIOR
KRUSTY KORN KOBS (with the K's made out of corn cobs)
REG. IN U.S. PAT. OFF.
WAGER WARE (using one W)
SIDNEY
-O-
PAT'D. JULY, 6, 1920
C
Here are some photos. Thanks to all the people who have replied so far.

Attachments

• Cornbread 1.jpg
    Cornbread 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Cornbread 2.jpg
    Cornbread 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Cornbread 3.jpg
    Cornbread 3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Cornbread 4.jpg
    Cornbread 4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 10
Page 262, bottom, of the Blue Book indicates 1940 to 1960s. Pictures show KRUSTY KORN KOBS (with the K's made out of corn cobs). Top of page 262 has an earlier version from 1918 - 1930s but the "K"s are not in corn cobs and it shows Patent Pending with no date. Also, the newer ones have holes in the tabs at the ends where the older ones have smaller tabs and no holes.

A picture of yours would be nice.
I posted some pics to the thread. Thanks.

Back