3 Notch Lodge Skillets 1940’s vs. 1960’s Circas

MarilynM

In looking in the Red Book for Lodge Cast Iron, I noticed a picture of a 3 notch Lodge from the 1940’s and another picture of a 3 notch Lodge from the the 1960’s, 1990’s Circa. Can someone tell me the differences in the two circa era skillets? Pictures in Red Book look the same To me.
Thanks

The RB and BB are not without the occasional uncaught error. By 1987, Lodge skillets were no longer unmarked, having added the "egg logo" (Lodge in a bold serif all-caps font with a skillet containing a fried egg for the "O"). Late 1940s thru early 1960s Lodge skillets are all virtually the same. Identifiers like "SK" and "DO" were added late 1950s or early 1960s and "Made In USA" was added mid-1960s. Since exact years are not usually known, the authors nearly always prefaced their given dates with "circa" (abbreviated "ca.") meaning "about" or "around".

.Lodge #5 2.jpgLodge #5  1.jpg

Here are two pictures of the skillets. Both are # 5's. Handles seem to be different. The first one has two incised marks at the 6:00 o'clock position. Second picture has the number 2 incised on the back of the handle. Also on second skillet above the llarge #5 on the second skillet is a faint, small #5. The second skillet seems to have a handle like a Wagner. Any other comments would be appreciated.

Back