identification

1. L

Can Not Identify an Old Skillet

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vd8mVcug89mBW5xH9 I have an old skillet (about 10 inches) with a solid ring on the bottom and a straight raised mark about 4 inches in the middle of the bottom. There is also a capital B R on the bottom. No other identifying marks. My mother gave it to me and said it...
  2. M

Help Dating SMART Diamond-G Skillet

Hello I just recently got bitten by the Cast Iron bug. My wife inherited a SMART Brockville Diamond-G skillet from her father and I just stripped and re-seasoned it using the Easy-Off stripping method and Crisco to re-season. I’m very pleased with the results. Since I’m a complete...
  3. J

Help ID Unmarked Skillets?

I found these two skillets at a garage sale today with hard to identify markings. I think the 9-inch is a Wagner. The other (~10 3/8 inch) is practically bare. I looked at some guides but they are only really helpful for pans with clearer markings. https://photos.app.goo.gl/DN8mg83wKFuMxJ2q1...
  4. S

Help ID'ing Waffle Iron

New Member Here, I have a general question regarding a waffle iron I picked up today. I have been looking around at flea markets and Auction sites for a couple years looking for somthing affordable, Not really looking for a collectable antique I am looking for a "user" I found this today and...
  5. P

Age of Cousances Doufeu

Hi folks, I’m new to these message boards so if I’m not posting this in the right place I apologize! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the age of this COUSANCES DOUFEU I was recently gifted. It came from my wife’s aunt who got it for about 20.00 at a flea market in the Chicago area. It...
  6. J

Heat Ring is an Indented Groove

I can't identify this little skillet. It is very rustic appearing, and the "heat ring" is a indented groove, instead of a raised ring.
  7. N

Need Help with Identification

Hey there! I'm pretty new to the world of cast iron cookware (got my first Lodge 10.25" skillet only last year), but last week I finally couldn't resist any longer and tried my luck in an auction for an old cast iron skillet on eBay; turns out I was the only bidder for $5 + shipping... From...
  8. S

Requesting Book Suggestion to ID Griswold

Newly cast member of the CIC forum, recently bitten by the cast iron bug, my first-ever post. I purchased four of what I hope are genuine Griswold skillets last weekend. They are labeled #5, 6, 8, and 9. The 6, 8, and 9 all have the Erie, PA designation, the 5 either doesn't have it or it is...
Back