enameled cast iron

1. M

Vollrath 10 (85) Dutch Oven

I came across this in my travels and had to have it. I normally shy away from enameled pieces but this one was in really nice shape. The bottom has factory enameling smudged, for lack of a better term, across. I've looked at other examples and handled enough porcelain lights to know this is...
  2. N

Copco Finds, Love the 9x13

I’ve been looking for an enameled cast iron lasagna/roasting pan for a long time. I finally found this one at an antique fair along with a small dutch oven or pot. I’m wondering if one is more modern than the other? Both are in great shape. https://imgur.com/gallery/Z8GeLYL...
  3. M

Info for Enameled BSR?

Anyone have some info on this BSR Red Mountain Series enameled cook wear? I've acquired 3 pieces. Size 8 & 5 skillets & a 7 stick cornbread piece. Any links to websites, or a link to a good Birmingham Stove & Range (BSR) thread would be much appreciated. Also, this is my first post on this...
  4. N

Enameled Griswold

Hello, I have just gotten used to using cast iron skillets. I have two vintage Griswold Dutch ovens that appear to have a black enameled coated interior. Do I treat and use these the same as my skillets? Do I season them and do I cook in them as if they were bare cast iron is my meaning. And...
Back