dutch oven

1. R

My New NO. 8 10 5/8" Dutch Oven

Hi, here is my new dutch oven. Is this Birmingham, century series? I can't tell. I could have read the markings wrong, too.
  2. M

Vollrath 10 (85) Dutch Oven

I came across this in my travels and had to have it. I normally shy away from enameled pieces but this one was in really nice shape. The bottom has factory enameling smudged, for lack of a better term, across. I've looked at other examples and handled enough porcelain lights to know this is...
  3. N

Dutch Oven Find

I found this Descoware Dutch Oven today. I don’t know about this brand but it was clean, no chips, and in fantastic shape. It was also only 7.19. It’s quite light and I admit to liking it a lot. Anyone know anything about it? https://imgur.com/gallery/U4VAI8k
  4. N

Is This Lodge?

I found this #9 dutch oven today with a heat ring. It looks like a Lodge but I’ve never seen one with a heat ring. Any ideas? And perhaps an estimated year? Thanks. https://imgur.com/gallery/I6uhYHo
  5. K

Did Birmingham Make a #12 Dutch Oven?

My husband and I found a very large dutch oven in an antique store. We purchased it, brought it home, and cleaned it. It has only the number 12 on the bottom at 6 o'clock. The dimples on the inside of the lid resemble Birmingham Stove and Range pieces that we've seen before. The dimples are...
  6. A

What to Do Now?

We got a dutch oven at a church tag sale. It says DO and a 10 on it. I am trying to clean it. It had crud, so I did the oven cleaner for about 5 days. We squirted it off, and let it dry. Now it is covered in light rust, but wasn't before. What step next? Vinegar? I appreciate your help...
  7. M

Help with ID Please

Hello! My Mom gave this to me 10+ years ago when she retired to FLA. It's been boxed in my basement since. Can you help me identify it? Its only markings are number 8's The lid measures 9 7/8" to outer edge The bottom measures 8 7/16" The pot stands 3 7/8" to the top of the side handles The lid...
  8. C

Help Identifying These Cast Iron Pans!!!

Hello, I recently picked up this set of cast iron pans with no markings on the pans other than the stripes on the lid and the same stripes that follow down the body of the pans. Can anybody help? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/13/4a/d0/134ad0fc2c9a616d3b87736337c522e5.jpg
  9. M

Newbie - Need help with ID

I was given a large Dutch oven with No markings on it at all. None inside or outside. It is thought to be from around 1900. It came from a neighbor in his 70's and it belonged to his grandmother. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you! -Marianne
  10. S

First cleanup project!

I just bought my first old piece of cast iron and it is a large Dutch oven. It has a carrying handle and other than the number 12 stamped on the lid and the bottom of the pot, it there are no other markings that I can see. Maybe after cleaning I can find something else. It was in rough shape and...
  11. T

Replacement bail for DO

Hello all. What are your thoughts on the subject? Searched a plethora of places and didn't find a lot of info. Do you use round stock? Or just some kind of thick wire? Is there somewhere I can pick up the ones with the wrapped wire handles? Thanks for any and all info. Travis.
  12. B

Early "Wagner" Arc DO

This is the piece that was hiding in plain sight in ShawnE's stomping grounds up in the mountains. Also the first "crusty" piece I've bought from an antique shop. I tend to find retail priced cast iron too expensive, but this piece simply wasn't noticed by the seller of any of the folks who've...
  13. I

16 QT Dutch Oven - Can't find ANY info on any others

Hi, I just joined because I came across a very old 16qt dutch oven at an estate sale. I say 16 qt because that's how many quarts of water it took to fill it up. It needs cleanup badly so I am going to make an electrolysis bath for it. I also need to get the handle repaired. I've cooked with...
  14. P

Just a tiny Diamond

after cleaning up a very rusted and neglected Dutch oven, the only mark on the bottom was a small diamond. NOTHING else. Any ideas what this old granny might be?
  15. G

Really unusual items...Help!

From my last post, I was too late to get the ornate bundt pan, but did get the flop pan and the plain usual shaped bundt pan. Would it still be a collectable, even though it is not ornate like the other one? There is an ornate one on ebay now just like the one I saw currently going for $175.00...
  16. B

Help with ID of a dutch oven

Hello all! I'm a first time poster. I've been collecting and using cast iron for a while, but never had a problem identifying a piece before. I've tried google and ebay but either i'm searching the wrong thing or there isn't much out there... I'm curious about it because it says made in the...
Back