wagner

1. G

“Wagner arc / Sidney straight

Came across a new piece with the “Wagner” arch and “Sidney” straight. O in the middle. I’ve mostly seen these with a Sidney, rather than the “Sidney”. Does anyone know what might account for this small difference in trademark?
  2. P

Is there a way to identify who makes this?

We know what this is just not who made it. Found it in a small thrift shop today in Silvan Washington. I find tons of cast iron here for cheep. This is a Scandinavian area with a lot of history. I was told it is a Wagner, any thoughts? For $4 buck I dint think i could go wrong so it is...
  3. G

Used & Abused Pitted Wagner flat bottom?

Found this after a long search on the bottom of miscellaneous pots and pans at the local Valley Thrift (a Goodwill on steroids). as most markings are on the bottom, I focused on those. On top of the handle is a recessed, symmetrical 8. On the underside is the 10 1/2 Inch Skillet - Made in USA -...
  4. E

Is this plating or what on this Wagner handle?

So I found a Wagner No. 8, Stylized Logo, No Heat Ring. It appears to be in fantastic condition... very flat and no wobble and clean surface... but I can't figure out what kind of plating/finish is on the handle. Notice how most of it is like bare iron and takes a seasoning well. But the handle...
  5. E

What to make of subtle discoloration in this restored piece?

I'm interested in a Wagner square skillet. This one looks very clean. I do notice a little reddish discoloration in here, though... I know when a cast iron gets extreme heat damage, it can get these red/pink discoloration, but it is usually more pronounced than this. But wasn't sure if this is...
  6. E

Do you often find out a piece is plated only after a lye bath?

Last year, I bought a couple of cast iron skillets... a Wagner #8 (no heat ring) and a Griswold #8 Large Logo. They both seemed in good condition, but were very dirty and covered in seasoning/crud/ashes. After I lye bath, both of them turned out to be plated. The Griswold was definitely...
  7. J

Restoration advice - bumps on outer surface

Hello everyone, I am a new member starting my first project. Picked up a Wagner skillet with a smooth interior, but it has some significant bumpy surfacing around the outer edge of the pan. My plan is to try to restore with the spray oven cleaner method. Wondering if anyone has seen a pan like...
  8. J

Hey guys thanks for the welcome … I need some help with a piece of Wagner Ware

This piece has the number 1079A on it. I really picked it up because it has a wooden handle. I looked and looked online and found nothing. I am interested in any info u got and a idea of value please. It is 11" Thanks a lot
  9. D

“Wagner” 8

recently acquired my first vintage CI. Am I correct in thinking this was made between 1891-1910? There is no wobble or cracks. I am a little concerned about the inside though, there seems to be a raised bump on the inside surface. Is this something I should be concerned about if cooking in it?
  10. M

Wagner vs. Griswold waffle iron?

I have a Wagner 1408 waffle iron. I’d like to know your guys’ opinion of a waffle iron like mine where the paddles do not interlock at the ball joint vs a Griswold with paddles that do interlock at the ball joint.
  11. Y

Unusual Wagner Drip Drop #7 Skillet Cover Knob, a fake?

This skillet cover showed up at our annual Mt. Forum for Peace non profit yard sale without a skillet bottom. I've scoured the internet to find out if it's authentic or not due to what looks like a nickle knob instead of the usual strap iron handle. I saw *one* picture of another cover like it...
  12. E

Hello from Oregon

Hello, Excited to join this community! I started using cast iron cookware in 2010, with a Lodge Combo Cooker (chicken fryer and skillet where they are lids for each other). Took me awhile to get the hang of using and taking care of it. I learned later that vintage skillets are much lighter and...
  13. A

Wagner High Frame (1892) Square Waffle Iron

So I came across this ancient Wagner waffle iron at an estate sale yesterday. It’s in really great shape and has the original handles, but outside of the blue book I basically can’t seem to find any record of it existing: https://imgur.com/QWxz3Bp Does anybody have any idea of the valuation...
  14. M

Wagner 1891 Repo Or Copy?

This wagner is/was in a thrift store with a $22 price tag. It looks clean but rough. I didn't bother taking an inside pic.Your thoughts? I hope the images are not too big.
  15. T

Large Griddle(?) ID

Hi there, This is my first time posting, but I was hoping someone could tell me something about this piece. I pulled it out of my grandmothers wood burning stove, but I'm not really sure how old it is. It's 14" in diameter and is branded Wagner Ware Sydney -0- at the top and 14A at the bottom...
  16. M

Old Wagner Sidney 8 DO

From the trademarks page it looks to be ~1910-1920, "WAGNER" SIDNEY, O (block letters), high, arc straight. There may be a ghostly 7 above the 8 and a hint of a possible 2 before the 7. The center is a bit eroded, apparently from coal back in the day, so the O is gone. The bottom is flat, with...
  17. B

Wagner Ware Double Stack Roaster?

Hello CIC folks, I've been away for a while but have come back to share this unusual item I found. It's an early cast aluminum Round Roaster top and bottom marked 248 with a middle section that has a false bottom. I'm curious what the correct name, intended use, and approximate value of this...
  18. D

New member, new purchases: q's about cooking in old Wagner

Hi, all! I'm relatively new to collecting cast iron, but have had an interest in it for years now. I had heard so many extolling the virtues of cast iron (many "facts" which I've learned are not necessarily true), so I started with what I could easily get my hands on - modern Lodge - which I...
  19. J

Fresh S.R. & Co Wheat pan Find

I just found this pan today at a local antique shop .. I found out it is a Griswold made for Sears & Roebuck ... I bought it and a Wagner Crusty Corn Junior patent 1920 pan along with what I believe is a Lodge unmarked Turks Head Pan all for $25. I thought this was a steal ...
  20. R

I did good this week too! (Photo & another story..)

This is my haul from last Sunday's flea market, and a couple thrift stores this week. Flea Market Within' about 5 minutes of getting to the flea market I already had a No.8 & 5 skillet in my backpack. Within 30 minutes I had those plus the large square skillet, and on the way out I had all...
Back