heat ring

1. A

Identification Help! “7” marking on griddle with heat ring!

Hello! I received 2 griddles that I am trying to age, they were passed to me. I was told they were either my grandmothers or great grandmother’s so dating them would help with figuring out who had each pan! I will post them separately so that it’s not confusing looking through the pictures...
  2. J

Help Identifying Unmarked #7 Cast Iron Skillet with Heat Ring

Hello all, I would like some help to identify the following unmarked #7 cast iron skillet with a pointy handle. It has a heat ring below (no notches) and is a little smaller than a Griswold Small Block Logo #7 but its walls are thicker. The skillet is generally smooth on the inside, but there...
  3. N

Is This Lodge?

I found this #9 dutch oven today with a heat ring. It looks like a Lodge but I’ve never seen one with a heat ring. Any ideas? And perhaps an estimated year? Thanks. https://imgur.com/gallery/I6uhYHo
  4. J

Heat Ring is an Indented Groove

I can't identify this little skillet. It is very rustic appearing, and the "heat ring" is a indented groove, instead of a raised ring.
  5. E

Number 10 Gate Mark Cast Iron Pan

Hello! I'd love some help identifying this pan. It has no information about the manufacturer. There is a gate mark, a heat ring, and a raised number 10 on the handle. I bought this at an antique store for $20. The inside of the pan is smooth, though there are some scratches. The outside and...
  6. C

Help with a Martin Griddle Please

I was very lucky to purchase a Martin #10 griddle at a local flea market, however I am unable to locate any information on this particular piece. I am able to find the Martin #9. Does anyone out there have any information they can share with me? I also have a very heavy 15 5/8 CI skillet...
  7. V

logo looks right but heat ring isn't present

I am new to cast iron. Looking to purchase my first piece for cooking in the no. 10 range. It's slightly overwhelming but this site has been a huge help. I have been familiarizing myself with the logo recognition from specific time periods. I have noticed though, sometimes the logo looks like...
Back