Detroit Iron & Brass

I will most likely season it on my grill with the handle hanging out. I find the history of it fascinating. The patent information said the inventor was a guy named Lambert, that led me on a search that found a fella named Lambert invented the first horseless carriage. While researching that I stumble across a guy name Selden who is also working on a horseless carriage at the same time. Seems these guys were thinking about a lot more than cooking utensils.

It reminds me of the iron that the Clayton Lambert Mfg Co. produced!! Raised lettering...but am really no expert on being sure!

Attachments

• Lambert.jpg
    Lambert.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 35
Rick Hunter, if it gets any hotter outside I might be able to season the waffle iron by sitting it on the sidewalk. :(

After you season it go ahead and add the batter and cook up some waffles.:big grin:

Bonnie, nice looking waffle iron. I missed seeing this post, well I am sure a few others as well.

If my mind serves me right, I have had a skillet or still do with the same # 8&9 on the bottom. I will look.

Jeffrey, it's my turn to hibernate and your turn to go run from sale to sale. Here on the west coast we hunker down because of the heat. It's to hot to do anything except take a little siesta.

Jeffrey, it's my turn to hibernate and your turn to go run from sale to sale. Here on the west coast we hunker down because of the heat. It's to hot to do anything except take a little siesta.

Now you do not think for one minute that I hibernate in the winter up here, do you. I love the snow, as for the cold at 20 below I call it quits. I like to go snowmobiling for miles. :eek:

My mind served me right, I have the skillet hanging in my kitchen.

P%252526W_9428.jpg
P%252526W_9431.jpg

Here is a piece of CI I have been scrubbing. I really like this one. I don't have the base but it sits nice and flat on a grill or on my gas stove.

http://imgur.com/N0rvBlt

Wow! Never seen one with such a colorful background! :p

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Now you do not think for one minute that I hibernate in the winter up here, do you. I love the snow, as for the cold at 20 below I call it quits. I like to go snowmobiling for miles. :eek:

My mind served me right, I have the skillet hanging in my kitchen.

P%252526W_9428.jpg
P%252526W_9431.jpg
Your skillet (great looking piece, BTW!) has "9&8". Bonnie's WI has "8&9"

Back